It is a bit of an understatement to say that Everton followers have not had a lot to cheer about in relation to matches against Liverpool in current years, however they lastly bought a long-awaited 2-0 win at Anfield.
Following Richarlison’s early opener and Gylfi Sigurdsson’s late penalty, Carlo Ancelotti’s Toffees moved level on points with reigning Premier League champions, and in addition they boast a recreation in hand.
It’s safe to say that it’s a really historic consequence, given the context of how Merseyside derbies have tended to go for the reason that turn of the century. Listed here are 10 of the best stats and data following the consequence.
– Everton’s last victory at Anfield was a 1-0 victory back in September 1999. Ben Godfrey and Tom Davies, who began of their victory in 2021, have been each one year old on the time. Everton had visited 23 of their Merseyside rivals since then and not using a win (13 defeats, 10 attracts).
– It was additionally their first win over Liverpool in all since October 2010 – with 23 Merseyside unbeaten derbies over the last decade for Liverpool. It ended their longest unbeaten run against one opponent.
Years when Everton have been / are Liverpool’s best-scoring membership at Anfield
– Duncan Alexander (@oilysailor) February 20, 2021
– Everton have gained eight of 12 away video games within the Premier League this season. They should win just two of their last seven away video games to set a new membership file within the Premier League for away victories in a single season.
– Liverpool Premiership file at Anfield for the reason that start of the 2017/18 season: WWDDWDDDWWWWWWWW
4 – Liverpool have lost 4 consecutive home league video games for the primary time since December 1923, whereas they’re additionally the primary top flight champion to have lost 4 consecutive home league video games since Everton within the 1928-29 season. Nightmare. pic.twitter.com/sJGOMfeP2R
– OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) February 20, 2021
– Liverpool have lost extra Premier League video games at home within the first two months of 2021 than within the last 5 years mixed.
– Within the time since Everton’s last earlier victory at Anfield, Blackpool climbed up from the fourth tier, registered a Premier League victory at Anfield, and have since dropped back to League Two.
Ilkay Gundogan is the top scorer in 2021 at Anfield, Etihad Stadium and the Hawthorns.
– Richard Jolly (@RichJolly) February 20, 2021
– Liverpool have already dropped 35 points this season. They dropped just 32 points within the 2018/19 and 2019/20 campaigns mixed.
Extra Planet Football
Watch: Merseyside fast VAR monitor verify sending twitter loopy
Dominic Calvert-Lewin is a world-class Kevin Davies and we love him
High 10 top PL goalkeepers ranked by what number of points their goals have earned
Are you able to title the signatures of each Premier League membership?