Roberts sent home a Welsh trio for breach of protocol

Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts have been sent home for breaching FAW protocol and will miss Tuesday’s World Cup qualifying match against the Czech Republic.

The trio has been launched from the camp, with the Leeds Roberts striker apologizing on social media – in a post that has since been deleted – for staying up too late and breaking a curfew on the team’s resort.


FEATURE: The case for the English boycott of Qatar 2022


The FAW assertion said: “Three members of Wales’ senior national squad – Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts – have been launched from the Welsh camp right now following a breach of the FAW protocol.

“All three players will return to their respective golf equipment this afternoon.

“The FAW will make no additional remark.”

Roberts and the Stoke winger borrowed Matondo, 20, each in Saturday’s 1-0 friendly win over Mexico in Cardiff, whereas West Brom striker Robson-Kanu, 31, got here on at half-time.

All three players have been hoping to participate against the Czechs as Wales tried to place their first 2022 World Cup qualifying points on the table after dropping their opening sport in Belgium last week.

Roberts, within the now-deleted post, said: “Been leaving the camp early, however the guidelines are guidelines and I should not have been up later on the resort or the set time.

“Sorry to the team, workers and supporters of Wales. I’ll continue to work as hard as I can to earn my place within the squad for the euros. ”

The three players sent home are the newest blow to the Wales squad, which has been with out manager Ryan Giggs for the last two international camps.

Giggs was arrested on suspicion of assault on November 1. He denies the costs and his bail has been prolonged till Might 1.

Robert Web page has taken management within the absence of ‘Giggs’, winning three, drawing one and dropping certainly one of his 5 video games accountable for a carer.

Welsh football has been in additional unrest behind the scenes with chief government Jonathan Ford leaving after a vote of no confidence by the FAW council.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here