As we get ready for the 2021 Sky Bet EFL Play-Off Finals, listed here are some stats for all three Finals to arrange you for kick-off!
Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final
Brentford v Swansea City
Saturday 29 Might
* That is the second consecutive season to see Brentford and Swansea City meet within the Championship Play-Offs, with the London side eliminating the Swans 3-2 on mixture in last season’s Semi-Final.
* Brentford – who lost 2-1 to Fulham in last season’s Championship Play-Off Final – are the primary team to succeed in consecutive Championship Play-Off Finals since Aston Villa in 2018 and 2019. The one team to lose consecutive second tier Play-Off Finals was Leicester City in 1992 and 1993.
* No team has lost extra Football League Play-Off Finals than Brentford (4, level with Studying and Sheffield United). They lost in 1997 to Crewe Alexandra, 2002 to Stoke City, 2013 to Yeovil City and 2020 to Fulham.
* Brentford want to attain the English top-flight for the primary time because the 1946-47 season. If they’re promoted, it is going to be 86 years since their last promotion to the top-flight (1934-35), with solely Bradford City having an extended hole between top-flight promotions (1908 – 1999, a niche of 91 years).
* Together with Play-Offs, Ivan Toney has been instantly concerned in 42 goals in 47 Championship appearances for Brentford this season (32 goals, 10 assists). Toney’s solely earlier look at Wembley was for Barnsley against Millwall within the 2016 League One Play-Off Final as a substitute, ending on the winning side that day.
* Swansea City striker André Ayew has scored 17 Championship goals this season (together with Play-Offs), three greater than every other Swans player. Ayew has scored twice beforehand at Wembley, netting a brace there for West Ham against Spurs in a League Cup match that noticed the Hammers come from 2-0 all the way down to win 3-2.
Sky Bet League One Play-Off Final
Blackpool v Lincoln City
Sunday 30 Might
* Lincoln City have lost each of their earlier Football League Play-Off Finals, dropping 5-2 against Bournemouth in 2003 and 2-0 against Southend United in 2005, each within the fourth tier.
* That is Blackpool’s eighth Play-Off Final look, no less than three greater than every other team. They’ve gained promotion 5 instances by way of the Play-Offs, additionally essentially the most of any side.
* Lincoln City have solely played at Wembley as soon as beforehand, winning 1-0 against Shrewsbury City within the EFL Trophy Final in 2018. Their two earlier Play-Off Finals have been each played on the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.
* Lincoln City want to attain the second tier of English football for the primary time in 60 years, last enjoying at that level in 1960-61. They could possibly be the first-ever team to win promotion from the non-league, fourth tier and third tier within the area of 5 seasons, having gained the National League in 2016-17 and League Two in 2018-19.
* Blackpool striker Jerry Yates has been instantly concerned in 31 goals in 53 appearances this season (23 goals, 8 assists). He has scored three and assisted three in his last 4 League One matches, netting the Tangerines’ third goal of their 3-3 draw with Oxford United within the second leg of the Semi-Final.
Sky Bet League Two Play-Off Final
Morecambe v Newport County
Monday 31 Might
* Morecambe want to attain the third tier of English football for the primary time, having played 14 consecutive seasons in League Two since 2007-08. The Shrimps have played extra seasons within the Football League with out enjoying increased than the fourth tier than every other side.
* Newport County haven’t gained Football League promotion because the 1979-80 season, after they finished third within the fourth tier. The Exiles haven’t played within the third tier since 1986-87 and suffered a 1-0 defeat within the 2018-19 League Two Play-Off Final to Tranmere Rovers of their solely earlier Plaay-Off Final look.
* Morecambe have gained their solely two earlier appearances at Wembley, winning the 1974 FA Trophy final against Dartford and the 2007 Conference Play-Off Final against Exeter City. They’re one in every of solely seven membership sides to have played greater than as soon as at Wembley winning each visit to the National Stadium.
* Morecambe manager Derek Adams is searching for his second promotion from League Two, having led Plymouth Argyle to automated promotion in 2016-17. Nevertheless, Adams suffered defeat in his solely earlier Play-Off Final, dropping 2-0 with Argyle against AFC Wimbledon in 2015-16.
* Newport County’s 42-year-old forward Kevin Ellison is the top scoring player in EFL conferences between Morecambe and Newport (7), scoring six instances for Morecambe and as soon as for Newport of their 3-1 win over the Shrimps earlier this season; no different player has greater than three goals in video games between the perimeters.
* Kevin Ellison’s goal within the Semi-Final second leg additionally made him the oldest scorer in EFL Play-Off history.