The US males’s national team put in a dominant performance of their first match of 2021, topping Trinidad and Tobago 7-0 within the Sunday friendly between the perimeters at Exploria Stadium in Orlando.
Jesus Ferreira was one of many stars of the night for the US on the attacking end, stuffing the stat sheet to the tune of two goals and three assists, whereas Paul Arriola and Jonathan Lewis every scored a brace.
The Yanks obtained the scoring began just two minutes into the match by way of Lewis, who slotted home a feed from Ferreira into an open net after the FC Dallas man was set in on goal by a superbly threaded ball from Sam Vines.
Ferreira then struck for one in all his own within the ninth minute, with Vines factoring in once more because the facilitator. The Colorado Rapids left back made an overlapping run and flicked his cross in entrance of goal, permitting Ferreira to pounce for the simple finish and his first international goal.
Arriola continued the early onslaught, accumulating a lay-off from Ferreira on the back-end of a counterattack and depositing the finish into an open goal within the twenty second minute. The DC United attacker added his second within the forty first, cashing home the USMNT’s fourth of the night from the top of the world off one more assist from Ferreira, who set Arriola up with a flicked header.
The USMNT continued to pour it on within the second half, as Miles Robinson struck for his first international goal and Lewis and Ferreira every scored once more to make it 7-0. New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Turner did not have a lot to do in his first senior cap, however did get in on the motion within the second half with a penalty-kick save on Trinidad’s Alvin Jones to keep up the clear sheet.
- 2′ – USA – Jonathan Lewis | WATCH
- 9′ – USA – Jesus Ferreira | WATCH
- 22′ – USA – Paul Arriola | WATCH
- 41′ – USA – Paul Arriola | WATCH
- 52′ – USA – Miles Robinson | WATCH
- 55′ – USA – Jonathan Lewis | WATCH
- 62′ – USA – Jesus Ferreira | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: It ought to be famous that they have been taking part in a Trinidad and Tobago side that was taking part in its first match in practically a year, but it surely was nonetheless a very good platform for a set of USMNT players trying to make their case for extra caps as this system appears to be like forward to a busy year in 2021. Ferreira, Vines and Lewis have been among the many young players who made the a lot of the alternative to make a splash, and it was additionally to good to see Arriola discover the scoresheet twice as he appears to be like to work his method back into the international fold coming off his ACL injury that cost him all the 2020 season with DC United.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: The Yanks’ first of the night was a well-worked team goal, beginning with the beautiful ball from Vines.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: There are a number of worthy candidates, however the explosive effort from Ferreira is the story of the evening. The 20-year-old FC Dallas homegrown was a beast all through the match, factoring into all 4 goals within the opening 45 minutes and getting his first two international goals.